Friday, February 26, 2010

Map 2 of 26!: WWII Invasion


Map 2 of 26!: WWII Invasion!

Let me preface this whole post by stating that I love my eldest brother dearly. He also collects gaming miniatures and is a huge history buff. This is how a recent conversation with him went down:

Me: Pete, I'm making a WWII map.

Pete: Yeah

Me: It's going to be black & white


Pete: Why's that?

Me: Because it's in the past, duh...



Pete just laughs at me.


I've wanted to do a Normandy-esque WWII map for a while. I like the idea of Cap and Bucky putting the beat down on Red Skull or the JSA and Sgt. Rock going toe-to-toe with Per Degaton. For me, this map had to be black & white. It's what makes it WWII to me.

I also wanted to invoke the feel of an old movie reel. You may notice I've darkened the black & white effects around the perimeter of the map to give it that old box camera photo feel.

As goofy as it is, I love the "Allies Storm Axis Beach" across the side with the 48-star flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment